- Bill Perkins
I am very proud to have been asked to serve as President of the Bournemouth Institute.
Firstly I would like to thank Allan Cruse, our outgoing President who finishes his term of office with strengthened links with our PFS members.
During the coming year our priorities will be to:
- Deliver an engaging quality event programme of CPD events for both our CII and PFS members.
- Raise the profile of the Bournemouth CII amongst its younger members.
- To continue to work to raise the profile of the Insurance Institute of Bournemouth to grow and encourage networking and sharing of best practices with non-members and members alike.
- Work with Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Universities and other educational institutions to raise awareness of Insurance and Financial Services as a career choice.
The Bournemouth institute is run by a dedicated group of industry professionals offering a range of key local benefits. This includes:
- Technical and regulatory seminars, and training courses;
- Off the record briefings from the Bank of England Agents
- Career guidance, mentoring and knowledge services;
- Social and networking activities;
- Community engagement initiatives;
- Local news and information.
Local institute events tend to range from one hour seminars to full day training courses covering a variety of technical and soft skill subjects.
All of these events can count towards your CPD requirements, should you consider it relevant to your professional development needs.
We normally communicate with our membership through the distribution of regular e-flyers so please ensure that we have your correct email address which you can check by logging on to the main CII website at www.cii.co.uk or join our Insurance Institute of Bournemouth group on Linkedin.
I look forward to meeting you during the year at one of our events.