The Leadership Development Programme Launch
Time: 12.15 for registration, tea / coffee. 12.30 for the start of the event.
Please note revised timings which are different to our usual lunch time events.
Join us for the launch of our New Generation Leadership Development Programme presented by the New Generation Academy, developed specifically for those members aged 35 and under.
A short 15 minute presentation about our forthcoming 2018 Leadership Masterclasses will be followed by networking, mulled wine and a festive buffet accompanied by Christmas Carols from the Leeds University Union Chamber Choir.
Who Should Attend
- People recently appointed to a management or team leader role.
- Experienced managers or team leaders who wish to hone their leadership skills
- People who aspire to reach leadership positions on their career path
- Senior people who are seeking to develop emerging talent within their business
- Anyone who wishes to catch up with friends and contacts from the local insurance community in a festive atmosphere
Our short presentation will give a brief overview of the Leadership Programme which includes:
- Understanding leadership
- Developing and maintaining a positive mindset
- Making a killer first impression
- Getting the important stuff done
- Feedback : The single most important skill in self development
- Having difficult conversations
The presentation will be made by David Ross ACII CIP, President, The Insurance Institute of Leeds and Melanie Jordan FCII, Education Secretary, The Insurance Institute of Leeds.