WEBINAR - A Guide to Understanding Policy Wordings
Recent litigation has demonstrated the importance of understanding the policy contract wording. This webinar explains how policy wordings are constructed and may be interpreted, which is a critical skill for all those in the insurance industry.
- To provide knowledge and understanding of basic policy wordings for general insurance business
- Know how to apply knowledge of principles concerning the operation of policy conditions affecting claims for general insurance business
Content and Learning:
- The structure, functions, and contents of an insurance contract, including the schedule
- The law governing policy wordings in UK
- The meanings of warranties, conditions, representations, and exclusions
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.