WEBINAR - Effective Communication in a Virtual World
Virtual Webinar Overview
Effective communication is pivotal to success in any context, but in a disrupted world where social distancing is the norm, working from home is pre-dominant and face to face contact is not feasible, it is essential to develop skills which work to your advantage in a virtual world.
This virtual training programme identifies what those key skills are and emphasises the critical importance of building rapport. This type of learning is applicable at all levels, whether influencing clients or other parties, turning difficult conversations into positive outcomes, or making your views felt in teams or 1:1 meetings.
The session will last 60 minutes and will be as interactive as possible, both thought provoking and practical, enabling you to improve your communication impact and your performance in the virtual world.
By the end of the development programme the following should be achieved:
- Understand the importance of rapport building in relationship building and influencing
- Understand how to build and use rapport – pacing and leading
- Understand that much of our belief and feeling about what someone says is interpreted through their body language - this will encompass techniques to adapt to the loss of the body language aspect in the virtual world
What We Will Cover
- Rapport building
- Why? Key skill in influencing
- How? Pacing and leading, matching
- The ‘neurological levels’ of rapport
- Mehrabian’s Law – 3 elements to interpreting communication from others. Body language is the most important - lost in a virtual world
- Adapting rapport building and communication
- The 3 Vs: Verbal (What you say), Vocal (How you say it), Visual (The image people form from your words)
- Speech techniques to improve how we sound and build the Visual aspect with brokers
- Virtual questioning techniques
Nick offers a unique combination of skills as an industry sales specialist and a professional coach and trainer. He is an Economics graduate with over 25 years corporate insurance broking experience and, as National Development Director at HSBC, he was one of only 40 people from a global workforce of 265,000 selected as part of the STARS programme to recognise exceptional performance.
In the mid-2000s, Nick developed a chronic health condition; his journey to recovery fostered a new range of interests, and a passion for health, and performance. He studied widely, qualifying as a Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), obtaining a Diploma in Life Coaching, before going on to study Corporate/Business Coaching with The Coaching Academy. Nick is also a qualified Holistic Lifestyle Coach and Advanced Exercise Coach.
Nick Thomas & Associates provide specialist training and coaching solutions to the UK Insurance sector across Sales, Business/Soft skills, Regulatory and Compliance, and Technical insurance training. Our clients include major insurers and brokers, broker network groups, insurance recruitment consultants and local insurance institutes.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.