WEBINAR – Impactful Online Meetings
Virtual Webinar Overview
The move to remote working and trading since March 2020 has presented many challenges to workers, and demands new ‘virtual’ skills and approaches. Research on sales in the new virtual environment shows that ‘buyers’ believe that many of the biggest mistakes made by sellers are in how they conduct virtual meetings. These mistakes are easily avoided.
Research also shows that it is much harder to gain and hold the attention of others in a virtual meeting when compared to face to face. Many see it as an opportunity to multi-task! Rapport building, such a vital component of mutual influence and trust, is also much harder online than in person.
This 60 minutes session will show you how to demonstrate professionalism, and expertise from the first virtual interaction in setting up the meeting, through starting and then running the meeting. You will learn how to engage quickly and how to hold engagement and attention throughout.
Whilst there are many challenges to online meetings, there are also considerable opportunities for those who can upskill to deliver impactful meetings; this session will show you how.
By the end of the development programme the following should be achieved:
- How to mitigate limitations and exploit advantages of virtual meetings
- Giving delegates the skills to connect impactfully through online tools
- Build an understanding of the different platforms available, their relative strengths and weaknesses
- Provide the skills to work effectively across multiple platforms
- Best practice in terms of setting up for online communication – professional image and communication effectiveness
- Best practice in session planning and set up – to maximise effectiveness of the meeting
What We Will Cover
- Overview limitations of virtual meetings – compared to in person meetings
- Advantages of virtual meeting - time efficiency and flexibility - no travel restrictions.
- Strategy – to build client retention, new business, cross sales, and broker relationship
- Setting yourself up for success
- 4 step method set up for virtual space
- Platform options and Technology Functionality
- Personal presentation - making an impact personally.
- Introduction to virtual meeting psychology
- Introduction to managing wellbeing in the virtual space
- In meeting tips – include reading of the room, switching content, creating ‘space’
Nick offers a unique combination of skills as an industry sales specialist and a professional coach and trainer. He is an Economics graduate with over 25 years corporate insurance broking experience and, as National Development Director at HSBC, he was one of only 40 people from a global workforce of 265,000 selected as part of the STARS programme to recognise exceptional performance.
In the mid-2000s, Nick developed a chronic health condition; his journey to recovery fostered a new range of interests, and a passion for health, and performance. He studied widely, qualifying as a Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), obtaining a Diploma in Life Coaching, before going on to study Corporate/Business Coaching with The Coaching Academy. Nick is also a qualified Holistic Lifestyle Coach and Advanced Exercise Coach.
Nick Thomas & Associates provide specialist training and coaching solutions to the UK Insurance sector across Sales, Business/Soft skills, Regulatory and Compliance, and Technical insurance training. Our clients include major insurers and brokers, broker network groups, insurance recruitment consultants and local insurance institutes.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.