Mountain Mondays - Snowdon Walk
Come and join us and experience some of the most stunning scenery the UK has to offer.
The YP’s are organising a trip at the end of May 2022 to raise money for The President's Chosen Charity and The Insurance Charities, by walking Watkin Path, the most challenging of the routes to Snowdon’s summit.
There are limited spaces available for what promises to be an excellent event, come rain or shine (likely rain given the location!), so early booking is essential.
The route is challenging in parts so suitable walking/hiking footwear and clothing is essential. Full lists of recommended items will be available on request pre booking and shared in depth post booking.
The itinerary is outlined as:
Sunday 8th May 2022
- Arrive from midday onwards and explore Beddgelert village and the surrounding areas (there’s lots of things to do and explore)
- Check in to the Red Dragon camping pods from late afternoon
- Sunday evening will consist of a BBQ and camp fire
Monday 9th May “Mountain Monday”
- Bacon sandwiches* served first thing to prepare for the walk *vegetarian options available
- Walk to set off circa 8am from the foot of Watkin Path, the walk is expected to take between 6 – 8 hours pace and weather dependent
- Once the walk has been completed (with obligatory group photo at the summit) we shall be heading in to Beddgelert village to replenish the lost calories and fluids.
- Up and out at your own pace to travel back to the Midlands. Final check out from camping pods at 10:00am
Accommodation wise, each camping pod has 2 single beds so we will be managing the male/female split to accommodate this. You will be required to bring a sleeping bag and pillow. There are full toilet and shower facilities on site.
We will be raising money for charity and will be setting up a JustGiving page to support this event. Please check with your employers as this may qualify for a “charity” or “volunteering day” rather than taking annual leave.
Each attendee is required to organise their own transport to and from the event; however closer to the time, we will be coordinating car-pooling.
£55 per person including all accommodation, BBQ food and breakfast on the Monday AM.
What’s not included in the price:
- Travel costs
- Snacks and water during the hike
- Monday night dinner (at pub)
- Bryn Dinas
- LL55 4NH