Fri 10 Nov. 2017
Bolton Beer Festival 2017
On Thursday 10th October 2017 our members, friends and customers enjoyed an evening at the Bolton Beer Festival in the Premier Suite at the Macron Stadium.
This year saw the introduction of a Gin, Wine and Prosecco bar, in addition to the great selection of Beers, Lagers and Ciders to choose from. Food was provided by Spice Valley and Carrs Pasties….it was a difficult choice! For those that were interested England v Solvenia was shown on the big screen (as well as Emmerdale that was popular with one or two!) This event has been one of our longest running social events and we were pleased to welcome some new faces as well as some of our regulars. However over the years we have noticed that mid-week drinking is not as popular as it used to be and we are worried that some of our newer members to the Industry may be missing out on the benefits.
• You are guaranteed to have the beer you want to try – the barrels haven’t had time to run dry!
• No crowds at the bar, making sure you get time to use all your vouchers before last orders – which believe it or not is a challenge for some!
• It is easier to spot people that you know and wish to talk to (although on the flip side, unable to avoid)
• It is an excuse for the bacon butty in work the following morning
• You will spend the first hour of the Friday laughing about the night before
• You get to be hung over in work rather than on your day off.
On a serious note, purchasing your tickets for the Beer Festival through Bolton CII allows us to donate to the Insurance Charities. This year we raised £106 from those ticket sales. The Insurance Charities provide assistance to people who work or have worked within our industry and for whatever reason have fallen on hard times.
It was a very enjoyable evening and we hope you will be able to join us next year.