Fair Presentation of Risk – Is it so new ?
Time: Registration/Lunch 12 noon, 12.30pm start until 1.30pm.
Cost: The session is Free, Lunch is £5 per person (book in advance, pay on the day)
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in insurance.
- What the duty of fair presentation means
- The thinking behind the requirement of fair presentation of risk
- What does knowledge of the insured mean ?
- Fraudulent claims and collateral lies
- Contracting out
By the end of this session delegates will:
- Explain what is meant by 'Duty of Fair Presentation‘
- Discuss the Implications in terms of gathering information, Risk Presentations and Underwriting
- Discuss why some insurers are willing to 'Contract Out' of the Insurance Act 2015
- What the main differences are clients should be made aware of.
About the speaker
Alan Hornby is a Chartered Insurance Practitioner working for the law firm, rradar Ltd as their Insurance Training Manager and has over 30 years experience working within the insurance profession.
Over the past year he has delivered over 30 workshops and lectures on The Insurance Act, the length and breadth of the country
During his career, Alan has been an Account Handler, Insurance Manager, Group Compliance Manager and Training & Development Manager for brokers based in Kent, Lincolnshire and Cambridge.
He has regularly delivered training for the Chartered Insurance Institute and Broker Academy, on a wide range of compliance and technical insurance subjects, covering both commercial and personal lines business.
Alan recently achieved CII accredited advanced trainer status, one of only a handful of individuals in the country to hold this prestigious title.
Please note that there are no car parking facilities at AXA Insurance Offices, parking is reserved for staff only. Please park on the nearby Middlebrook Retail Park.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.