Fraud In Motor Claims
Slides now available for download!
Time: Registration/Lunch 12.00noon, 12.30 start, until 13.30pm
Cost: Lecture free; Lunch £5 per person (book in advance, pay on the day)
Speaker: Stratos Gatzouris - Chair of the fraud sector Focus team at the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL), and author.
• Fraud – what is it and extent of the problem
• Profile of the fraudster (first and third party, motor, liability, exaggeration)
• Tools at our disposal and are they threatened?
• Level of proof required
• The ‘counter’ in counter-fraud (sanctions and recoveries)
• Current reforms – will they achieve their purpose
Who should attend?
Anyone involved with the handling of Motor Claims or with an interest in fraud within the motor insurance market.
• What fraud is
• How insurance fraud is perpetrated
• The evidential means and hurdles in achieving an effective counter-fraud strategy
• What the future might hold in terms of counter-fraud.
“Having been a partner in the fraud teams at both Hill Dickinson and Keoghs, chaired the Fraud sector focus team at FOIL, and authored several fraud journals, Stratos Gatzouris is now a self-employed insurance consultant and experienced conference speaker.
He is experienced in all areas of insurance fraud, including motor fraud, low-speed impact cases, first-party and complex fraud, as well as sanctions and recoveries.
He is currently the national secretary of FOIL and sits on the Training & Education sub-committee of Medco. Reported cases: Francis v Wells  EWCA Civ 1350; Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company v Singh  QBD.”
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.