Pollution & Fracking (Legal Liability)
Time: Registration/Lunch 12.00noon, 12.30 start, until 13.30pm
Cost: Lecture free; Lunch £5 per person (book in advance, pay on the day)
Speaker: Tom Davison - Partner DAC Beachcroft
Who should attend?
Any insurance professional advising on or dealing with first or third party property damage claims.
- The origins of the ABI standard PL pollution exclusion.
- The approach to construing the exclusion.
- What amounts to pollution, and what amounts to a "sudden, identifiable, unintended and unexpected incident".
- A brief overview of legal liability for pollution.
- A better understanding of the application of the ABI pollution exclusion.
- In particular, a better understanding of the application of the exception to the exclusion in respect of "sudden, identifiable, unintended and unexpected incidents".
Tom specialises in policy coverage issues (including fraud), subrogated recoveries, and defending property related liability and professional indemnity claims.
Tom acts for the technical teams of various insurers on high profile matters with claim values of up to £30 million.
Tom acted for insurers in successful policy coverage related declaratory proceedings in respect of a €4m+ claim arising from an Irish housing development, which case is reported as AXA Insurance UK PLC v Thermonex Limited  EWHC B10.
Tom also delivers lectures for the Institution of Civil Engineers as part of its Law and Contract Management course.
Please note that there are no car parking facilities at AXA Insurance Offices, parking is reserved for staff only. Please park on the nearby Middlebrook Retail Park.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.