To Grit Or Not To Grit?
Title: To Grit Or Not To Grit?
Time: Registration/Lunch 12.00noon, 12.30 start, until 13.30pm
Cost: Lecture free; Lunch £5 per person (book in advance, pay on the day)
Speaker: Emma Jackson, DAC Beachcroft
- Provide an overview of the Occupiers Liability Acts 1957 and 1984.
- How to investigate and defend claims involving slips and trips on ice/snow.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in the EL/PL area of the market and anyone with an interest in your legal responsibility as an owner/occupier of a premises.
- To gain an overview of the Occupiers Liability Acts 1957 and 1984
- To understand the basis for defending a claim under the Occupiers Liability Act
- To understand the specific responsibilities of occupiers when there is snow/ice
- To identify the steps the insured needs to take to defend a claim arising from an accident on snow/ice
- To identify the documents that the insured needs to produce to defend a claim arising from a failure to grit
Emma Jackson is an associate with DAC Beachcroft with over 19 years' experience of dealing with Employers and Public Liability claims for insurers and self-insureds. During that time Emma has worked on a wide range of cases and has successfully defended occupiers liability claims involving commercial premises (Hood v Mite Property All ER (D) 11 (Jul)) and domestic premises. Emma also has experience of dealing with complex and catastrophic claims.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.