Wed 17 Feb. 2016
The North East Region Needs You!
The local insurance institutes of Bradford, Halifax and Leeds are currently looking for an Area Representative to represent them at CII Representative Council meetings which take place at Aldermanbury in London three times a year.
The successful candidate will also be required to attend regional forum meetings in the North East Region with the local institute Presidents within the region consisting of Bradford, Halifax and Leeds Institutes and the Regional Membership Manager, generally a week prior to the scheduled Representative Council meetings.
The Representative Council has a number of objectives, and aims to:
• Be the "intellectual engine" of the CII.
• Ensure that projects and initiatives are relevant, forward looking and together have a cohesion to deliver the CIIs vision.
• Help the CII maintain a proper balance in its programme.
• Act as a forum for the two way dissemination of Information between the CII and members.
• Advise the Board on recommendations for the future direction of the institute.
• Strengthen the accountability by facilitating in formal debate and exchange of views on issues of strategic importance between different stakeholders.
Interested in becoming involved?
We are looking for the key criteria:
• Possess a strong knowledge and understanding of membership issues and views.
• In active business life within the last 12 months.
• Possess a strong knowledge and understanding of the concerns and needs of employers.
• An ability to travel to and attend at least two all-day meetings per year in London and the CII Network Conference and, if elected to the Governing Board, a further six meetings per year in London.
• An ability to weigh issues under debate, evaluate them and deliver a balanced judgment.
The CII supports diversification and in seeking new members, would particularly like to encourage applications from individuals of all ages and from the following under-represented groups:
• Ethnic minorities
• Disabled under the Equality Act
• Minority faiths or beliefs
• Minority sexual orientations
To register your interest in this role please contact your local institute Secretary. Contact details can be found on the 'Contacts' website page. A role profile and application form is attached which must be submitted by 4th March 2016.
Please note that the role is voluntary with no remuneration, however all reasonable travelling expenses to attend Council meetings will be reimbursed.