Business Interruption Training: Session 2
Who Should Take Part
Anyone with an interest in Business Interruption insurance and who would like to know more.
- How we project a sum insured through the indemnity period;
- The difference between declaration linked and an indemnity wording;
- Understanding Increased cost of working cover;
- Understanding the difference between increased cost of working and additional increased cost of working;
- What type of risks might request increased cost of working only cover and how a sum insured should be set for ICW only;
- The difference between Gross fees/revenue and ICW only and why ICW only is not always an appropriate option for service businesses;
- Understanding the material damage warranty operates on Bi policies;
- How a simple claim works in practice (to take the learnings of the first two days and give them a practical context).
By the end of these sessions delegates will have a greater level of understanding of Business Interruption dependent upon the sessions in which they take part
Alan has undertaken operational management roles in three major global companies - NatWest Insurance Services, RBS Insurance Group and Allianz Insurance. He has run underwriting, broking and claims functions. Eleven years ago he set up his own training company, something that he had always longed to do as he is passionate about training. Since then he has trained well over a thousand people to become ACII qualified including six individuals who have achieved the best ACII completion in the whole of the United Kingdom. He has also trained many national prize winners. Alan has delivered training for almost all of the Local Insurance Institutes in the UK over the past few years with his enthusiastic presenting style proving very popular. He is one of the few individuals who can teach at all levels of the CII examinations. He teaches almost all certificate, diploma and advanced diploma subjects and is one of the few people who can take someone from certificate all the way through to fully qualified ACII and his pass rates exceed 96%. Alan has presented across Europe on many technical subjects to companies including Allianz, Zurich, Aon, Marsh and Willis. He has been involved in the setting up of many diploma and advanced diploma programmes in both the UK and Ireland and is driven by a passion to see increased professionalism within the insurance industry.
The Insurance Institute of Bradford values and respects diversity and strives in all of our activities to take account of and respect the interests of all people it serves. There is an expectation that all speakers / presenters and attendees will act in this way too. Please see our Equality Policy on our website.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.