WEBINAR: Client Retention and New Business in the ‘New Normal’
- Trusted adviser status and a consultative approach
- The ‘client apathy cycle’ and ‘the age of the customer’
- Exceptions to the ‘client apathy cycle’ – where the situation is more complex, riskier or where the adviser can bring innovation, clients and prospects are more likely to engage
- The presence of these situations in the current environment
- Solution - the importance of Social Selling
- Solution – Perspective selling
- Understand the importance of close client relationships and trusted adviser status particularly in a hard market and how this may be compromised by more remote working
- Understand that there were already challenges to the adviser or seller pre-Covid – client apathy
- Learn approaches and methodologies to overcome these challenges and maximise the opportunities
- The importance of social selling
- Understand the use of ‘perspective’ to exploit the opportunities to break client apathy
About the trainer
Nick offers a unique combination of skills in the UK insurance training sector – an industry sales specialist and a professional coach and trainer. Nick is an Economics graduate with over 25 years corporate insurance broking experience. He was a highly successful sales producer in the UK broking market before progressing into regional and then national sales leadership roles. As National Development Director at HSBC, Nick was one of only 40 people from a global workforce of 265,000 selected as part of the STARS programme to recognise exceptional performance. He is a highly trained consultative sales specialist, and his experience includes a secondment with a major management consultant to design a best practice sales process. In the mid-2000s, Nick developed a chronic health condition; his journey to recovery fostered a new range of interests, and a passion for health, and performance. He studied widely, qualifying as a Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), obtaining a Diploma in Life Coaching, before going on to study Corporate/Business Coaching with The Coaching Academy. Nick is also a qualified Holistic Lifestyle Coach and Advanced Exercise Coach.
In the last two years Nick has worked in a self-employed capacity in training, coaching, and consulting. He works with a specialist adviser in Insurance sector M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions), and through Nick Thomas & Associates.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.