An Overview of Commercial Liability insurance
This webinar looks at providing an overview of the essential insurance covers of employers liability, public liability and products liability, what these policies cover and how a client could become legally liable.
The presentation will be provided by Alan Chandler, one of the most popular presenters in the UK, and Alan will in his usual plain English style look to gain a full understanding of liability insurance and why current limits of indemnity may no longer be enough.
By attending this event, delegates will be able to identify:
- how an employer can become liable for injuries to their staff.
- how liability can arise through negligence as well as understanding the statutory obligations of an employer and how these affect liabilities.
- how an EL policy deals with these liabilities if set up correctly.
- how an insured can become legally liable for third party injury and property damage, how a public liability policy deals with these liabilities and the problems that could happen if cover is set up incorrectly.
- how an insured can become legally liable for third party injury and property damage following the supply of products, how the tort of negligence and strict liability under the consumer protection act 1987 affects your clients, and how a products liability policy deals with these liabilities.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.