Business Interruption Insurance: all you need to know explained in plain English
Business Interruption insurance is one of the most misunderstood covers in the marketplace and this webinar looks at how these misunderstandings can be overcome.
The webinar will deal with all the main aspects of Bi insurance apart from extensions which is the subject of a separate webinar.
The course will be delivered by Alan Chandler, Chartered Insurer who is widely regarded as one of the leading presenters in the UK.
The training will be very suitable for brokers, underwriters and claims staff working in commercial insurance and anyone studying for the CII diploma subject M93 Commercial property and business interruption.
Delegates will be able to:
- Understand how to help set a correct gross profit sum insured.
- Explain the difference between accounting gross profit and insurance gross profit.
- Understand the main factors in setting an appropriate indemnity period.
- Be able to explain how to project a correct sum insured through an indemnity period.
- Understand how to best set up BI cover for service firms with no stock.
- Understand how to set an appropriate sum insured for increased cost of working only cover.
- Explain the difference between increased cost of working and additional increased cost of working.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.