Careers Week - Network for Success
Networking is an essential skill if you wish to raise your profile professionally and/or move your business forward, yet it is something many people dread. Being able to create and maintain a strong network is crucial. This interactive virtual masterclass provides the audience essential skills in face to face and online networking. Including meetings strangers, having interesting conversations, when to move on; following up and keeping in touch with your network. This masterclass will focus on virtual networking for the foreseeable future.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand why networking is crucial for personal career success and business success
- Create a plan and prepare for a networking event
- Plan your network; recognising where there are gaps and how to fill them with valuable contacts
- Discover which network events - and other events that will be appropriate and valuable for you to attend and invest money in
- Have conversations and knowing when to move on to a new conversation
- Conduct the essential part of networking: the follow ups and keeping in touch with people
- Network online: some clear tips
Susan Heaton-Wright is an impact, communications and speaking expert for emerging leaders and the creator of the Superstar Communicator™ methodology
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.