The Civil Liability Act Revisited
Overview of webinar
The Civil Liability Act, introduced on 31 May 2021, brought about the biggest changes to RTA personal injury claims procedures in 30 years.
Whilst it is still relatively early days, the Act has now had a little time to bed in. We look at its effects and ask:-
- How has it been received?
- Is it being used as expected?
- What is the claimant experience like?
- How will premiums be affected?
- How has the Legal Expenses market developed?
The webinar will be of value to those involved in Motor claims, underwriting, broking or anyone wishing to widen their knowledge of a highly topical and fast moving aspect of general insurance.
At the end of this event, the delegate will be able to identify:-
- The features of the Civil Liability Act 2018 and how successful they have been in achieving their objectives.
- How the Act has been received by the various parties in the claims chain, namely insurers, intermediaries, claimants and the insuring public.
- The nature of Motor Legal Expenses insurance and how it has been affected by the Act.
- Potential wider effects on the Motor market generally.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.