Understanding Personal Lines Claims Handling
This webinar delivered by Alan Chandler one of the leading presenters in the UK looks at what a personal line claims handler would look for in the event of a claim.
The webinar explores the importance of early notification of claim by the policyholder, what information a Personal Lines claims handler will typically seek and when they will use an outsourcer. The presentation will also explore the insurers obligations under the Enterprise Act 2016 and why they must settle promptly and finally we will explore when a policyholder can approach the FOS over a claim.
- Understand how personal lines claims operate
- Understand the importance of early claims notification
- Understand when an external outsourcer is usually appointed
- Understand why insurers must not delay settlement because of the Enterprise Act 2016
- How and when a policyholder can go to the FSO
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.