REMOTE TRAINING: Business Interruption (Intermediate)
Limited to 12 delegates, this live online course is designed to help delegates in their understanding of this class of business who have some experience of business interruption insurance.
The course will be highly interactive with delegate participation and engagement throughout. It consists of three units, two of which will be on-line sessions of up to 90 minutes each with a break of approximately 15 minutes between the two sessions.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- explain in detail the workings of the standard gross profit, revenue and fees policy covers and definitions and explain how they work in practice to enable delegates to select the most appropriate cover for their clients
- provide a detailed explanation of the difference between Declaration Linked and traditional (sum insured) methods of arriving at a gross profit figure and recognise the advantages and disadvantages of both
- explain in detail the main features of a business that will affect the setting of an appropriate Maximum Indemnity Period
- detail what cover is available for damage occurring away from the client’s premises and identify the main extensions available
Unit 1 - Pre-course reading
This course requires an element of pre-course reading (approximately 15 minutes) which will be tested during the first on-line session. The pre-course reading can be found in the email.
- Material damage proviso
- Types of cover
- The Indemnity Period
- The Maximum Indemnity Period
Unit 2 – First On-Line Interactive Session
Session up to 90 minutes
- Testing of pre-course reading and review of knowledge gaps
- The most appropriate cover for their clients
- Traditional methods compared with Declaration Linked
Unit 3 – Second On-Line Interactive Session
Session up to 90 minutes
- The main extensions
- Features affecting the setting of an appropriate Maximum Indemnity Period
- Claims Conditions
Please note: This event is a regional collaboration between the local institutes in the area. Your booking details will be shared with the Insurance Institute of Chelmsford and South Essex, which is acting as the host institute for this event.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.