Thu 31 Jan. 2019
Cert to Dip CII Course
We’re excited to offer members a chance to join a study course specifically designed to help them pass their DipCII in around 18 months.
The Insurance Institute of Cardiff are considering running a programme to help our members pass the Diploma (DipCII) qualification. Initially we are looking to see if there’s enough support to consider running a programme; your response is required by the 15th February 2019.
We’re proposing to start this course in the summer of 2019 and will cover four out of these six core areas of the Dip CII syllabus:
- Underwriting Practice (M80)
- Commercial property and business interruption (M93)
- Claims practice (M85)
- Law (M05)
- Business and finance (M92)
- Liability (M96)
Over 18 months the institute will hold 16 full day workshops, four for each subject. The workshops will be a mix of chapter progression workshops and a revision workshop. There will also be opportunities for one to one sessions with tutors and mentors to give support and help as required.
The programme will enable delegates to cut down on the amount of study time needed to crack the coursework, whilst working with a group of people who are going through the same experience.
- You must be a CII member to proceed
- You would have achieved your Cert CII by the start date of the study course
- You work within the profession in South East Wales (or surrounding areas)
- Your application should be supported by your line manager / employer
- The Institute of Cardiff will be providing a large financial commitment to run this course however we will be looking for a contribution of £250 from each student to confirm their commitment to the programme.
- In addition, you (or your employer) will be required to pay for coursework entry fees, study materials and travel costs.
Points to consider...
- You need to be serious and committed to attaining your qualification
- You are expected to attend all workshops – dates will be outlined prior to commencement
- All courses will be held in Cardiff
- The institute may look to recover costs for non-attendance from you or your employer.
Want to enroll?
Registering your interest could not be easier; Simply check that you meet the entry criteria then email your name, CII Membership PIN and your 4 unit preferences to email@example.com
Alternatively , please do email Simon if you have any queries at all.
Please ensure that you respond by February 15th. After which we will contact all interested persons to discuss next steps