Online Event - Employers Liability, Public Liability and Products Liability Overview
The Insurance Institute of Cardiff invite you to a webinar on Employers Liability, Public Liability and Products Liability Overview
Tuesday 4th October 2022 12:30 – 13:30
The webinar will be run via Zoom, a global web-conferencing solution. Zoom is easy to use, a link and joining instructions will be sent to you at the time of booking.
About the session:
This webinar looks at providing an overview of the essential insurance covers of employers liability, public liability and products liability, what these policies cover and how a client could become legally liable.
The presentation will be provided by Alan Chandler, one of the most popular presenters in the UK, and Alan will in his usual plain English style look to enable delegates to gain a full understanding of liability insurance and why current limits of indemnity may no longer be enough.
- How an employer can become liable for injuries to their staff.
- How liability can arise through negligence as well as understanding the statutory obligations of an employer and how these affect liabilities.
- How an EL policy deals with these liabilities if set up correctly.
- How an insured can become legally liable for third party injury and property damage, how a public liability policy deals with these liabilities and the problems that could happen if cover is set up incorrectly.
- How an insured can become legally liable for third party injury and property damage following the supply of products, how the tort of negligence and strict liability under the consumer protection act 1987 affects your clients, and how a products liability policy deals with these liabilities.
About the speaker
The Course will be run by Alan Chandler.
Alan has been an operations and project manager in three large global companies. NatWest insurance services, Royal Bank of Scotland insurance group and Allianz. In the last ten years running his own training company he has taken more than 1.000 people to ACII including six people who have achieved the top ACII pass rate in the whole of the UK. He has trained national prize winners in almost all CII subjects, has been a CII examiner and has a pass rate of 96% in cii training. His website is www.alanchandler.co.uk
A link will be sent via your email address supplied at the time of booking. PLEASE DO NOT share this with anyone else.
Please note that this webinar will be hosted on the Zoom platform which may be restricted by some employers. Members may need to utilise their own personal devices in these circumstances to access the platform.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.