Online Event -Optimum Productivity and Performance at work
The Insurance Institute of Cardiff invite you to a webinar on Optimum productivity and performance at work
Tuesday 8th November 2022 10:00 – 11:00
The webinar will be run via Zoom, a global web-conferencing solution. Zoom is easy to use, a link and joining instructions will be sent to you at the time of booking.
About the session:
This session looks at how we can optimise our productivity and performance at work. We examine the modern challenges to effective productivity, and how the remote or hybrid work environment has only emphasised the need for professionals to take control of their own motivation, focus, and execution. The session will show you how only an integrated approach can support sustainable performance over time, how to ‘get into the zone’ for peak performance in the moment, and the surprising truth about what really motivates us.
Content & Learning:
- To understand the evolving challenges to workplace productivity and the need to take control of our own productivity
- To understand the key components of sustainable performance and how they underpin one another
- To explore the latest research on motivation and consider what drives each of us individually
- To understand how we can follow through to create the habits we need to achieve our goals
- To explore the peak performance state of ‘flow’ and how to access it
- Modern workplace productivity challenges - research on the reducing time spent in sales and client facing activity. The impact of distraction and interruption on performance
- Shift to remote working – sales and work performance pros and con.
- Taking control of own motivation, focus and execution.
- Ideal Performance State – how to achieve sustained performance over time. The concept of the ‘Corporate Athlete’ and oscillation between stress and recovery
- The High-Performance Pyramid – for maximising and mobilising energy
- Building motivation - extrinsic v intrinsic. How cognitive and creative tasks require intrinsic motivation. The concept of 'psychological ownership’ What motivates you? Why sell?
- Taking action – developing ‘tiny habits’. Positive self-talk. The impact of the environment.
- Peak performance in the moment – the ‘flow’ state and the ‘concentration curve’
About the speaker:
Nick is an Economics graduate with over 25 years corporate insurance broking experience
He was a highly successful sales producer in the UK broking market before progressing into regional and then national sales leadership roles. As National Development Director at HSBC, Nick was one of only 40 people from a global workforce of 265,000 selected as part of the STARS programme to recognise exceptional performance. He is a highly trained consultative sales specialist, and his experience includes a secondment with a major management consultant to design a best practice sales process.
In the mid-2000s, Nick developed a chronic health condition; his journey to recovery fostered a new range of interests, and a passion for health, and performance. He studied widely, qualifying as a Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), obtaining a Diploma in Life Coaching, before going on to study Corporate/Business Coaching with The Coaching Academy. Nick is also a qualified Holistic Lifestyle Coach and Advanced Exercise Coach.
In the last two years Nick has worked in a self-employed capacity in training, coaching, and consulting. He works with a specialist adviser in Insurance sector M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions), and through Nick Thomas & Associates.
A link will be sent via your email address supplied at the time of booking. PLEASE DO NOT share this with anyone else.
Please note that this webinar will be hosted on the Zoom platform which may be restricted by some employers. Members may need to utilise their own personal devices in these circumstances to access the platform.