Developing Presence, Emotional Intelligence and Career Drive for Young Professionals by Kevin Hopton
THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO A RESERVE LIST PLEASE EMAIL Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Although open to all, this event is aimed at Young Professionals and is limited to 16 people.
This workshop aims to enhance delegate career opportunities by developing internal networks, strengthening their individual presence and assertion, and also gaining a greater understanding of their own emotional intelligence. The workshop will specifically discuss the relevance of developing mentoring opportunities for young professionals by gaining strong informal mentors.
The workshop should help delegates develop their own emotional intelligence and sensitivity to others in order to gain better communication and thereby better opportunities within the business.
The programme will include pre-work: Psychological test
This workshop has a very practical focus and is designed to enable Young Professionals to think about and further enhance their self management and emotional skills base:
- Using assertive approaches in order to create further career opportunities within their work environment.
- To develop personal presence
- To become professionally self aware and develop emotional intelligence
By the end of this workshop, participants should be better able to:
- Understand self via Psychological testing
- Develop own strengths and weaknesses
- Develop an accurate skills/behaviours matrix for each of the candidates
- Action plan on an individual basis
- Develop assertive behaviours and learn how to stand out in meetings
- Monitor own career growth via personal learning logs
- Set and agree stretching targets for own talent development
- Earn more responsibility via evidence based self assessment
- Steer and control conversations
- Develop actions from the coaching and mentoring sessions
- Develop own career dynamic – identifying the ladder and then planning the climb
- Understand and control the signals we give out
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.