Intermediate Professional Indemnity Training Course by London Market Training
THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED. If you would like to be added to the reserve list, please email Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop is suitable for those with several years’ experience of working with Professional Indemnity insurance and looking to learn more.
Delegates who successfully complete this workshop will be able to: -
- Explain the major exposures of different professionals and identify the major differences in coverage offered to them.
- Compare and contrast the coverage given by different policy wordings.
- Identify how professional indemnity insurance should be dovetailed with other liability insurances.
- Explain the important points to remember when dealing with a professional negligence claim
- Describe the underwriting process and identify the principle underwriting considerations.
- A recap on the duty of care owed by professionals
- Comparison of tort and contractual liability - how they co-exist, limitation periods etc.
- Limitation or Prescription Periods
- Risk assessment
- Policy wording consideration
- Claims made
- Insuring/operative clause
- Civil liability/negligence
- Retroactive Date
- Specialist extensions
- Collateral Warranties
- How PI cover dovetails with liability insurance
- Factors to be considered when underwriting the professional indemnity risk
- Understand what advice should be given to customers regarding how to make a claim including contact numbers and timescales.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.