PFS Workshop: From Networking to Negotiation by Lee Warren
Client journeys often begin with some kind of networking, whether through referrals, introductions or events. Often, negotiation is the destination of that journey. Focusing on both ends of the ‘client journey’ in one session helps to improve your skills and understanding.
In this seminar, conducted in Lee Warren’s lighthearted, interactive style, you’ll learn the secrets of world-class networkers. We’ll focus on two main areas - ‘in the room’ skills of meeting and greeting, and then ’strategic networking - how to make networking work for your business long-term.
After networking, we’ll focus on negotiation, particularly how to understand the emotional side of negotiation, how to ‘anchor’ suggestions, how to present your fees and why there are many more negotiations styles and tactics than most people realise.
As a result of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Create a networking strategy, aligned with business goals.
- Know how to quickly gain rapport and trust at events
- Become more ‘referable’ because the value of what they offer is more obvious
- Remember people’s names - all the time!
- Understand how to follow-up appropriately
- Know to and when to use social media for online networking and follow-up
- Know how to prepare for a negotiation
- Deal with common negotiating problems
- Spot and avoid the effects of emotion in negotiation - for both parties!
- Use the skills of excellent negotiators to achieve a result that’s good for everyone
- Understand why some negotiations fail, or are more difficult than they should be
- Think of in terms of ‘total value’ rather than just ‘winning’.
As always, this is a practical session - attendees will have a lot of fun trying the exercises during the session and leave inspired to put the ideas into practise.
Download the slides and notes from this event below:
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.