Contractors All Risk Training Course
This event is limited to 16 members.
This one day fully interactive workshop provides training for those who already have some practical experience of handling or placing Contract Works Insurance, but who are looking to add to this knowledge. Whilst the course is focused on the contract works insurance the liability implications of construction contracts are considered.
It provides a structured overview of the subject which will act as either a learning opportunity for those less experienced or a refresher for the more experienced.
Delegates who successfully complete this workshop will be able to: -
- Describe the risks involved in contract works insurance
- Explain the difference between contractual obligations and insurance requirements
- Describe how standard contracts such as the JCT clauses can affect the clients insurance arrangements.
- Describe the major elements of contractors insurance policies
- Explain non-negligence liability cover
- Detail the information required to obtain a contract works insurance and describe the underwriting process
- Risks/Property Insured
- Ways Cover can be Arranged
- Parties Involved – Employers, Contractors, Sub-Contractors etc.
- JCT Standard Form of Contract
- Contractual Obligation and Insurance Clauses
- Requirements for Contract Works, Liability, Plant
- Clause 6.5.1 Non-Negligence Cover – what it is, why is extra cover required, insurance solutions
Contract Works Policy Cover
- Alternative Policy Structures
- Usual Cover, including Exclusions and Extensions
- Commonly Found Alternatives
- Maintenance Covers
- Defects Exclusions
Placing and Rating Risks
- Key Insurer Information Requirements
- How Insurers Underwrite Risks
- Contract Works Pricing Methods
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.