Legal Update by Matthew Wilson, Mills & Reeves
This one hour lunchtime session will cover:
- Insurance Act/CIDRA update – what legal developments have there been in respect of this legislation? We will take a look at FOS decisions and the Scottish case of Southern Rock v Hafeez.
- Update on changes at the FOS. Particularly concentrating on repercussions arising from the recent increase in the FOS limit from £150,000 to £350,000.
By attending this event, delegates will be able to describe:
- key provisions of the Insurance Act 2015.
- legal developments in respect of the Insurance Act and CIDRA
- the consequences of changes to the FOS’ award limit.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.