YPG WEBINAR: Assertiveness and positive communications
The Young Professionals Group is delighted to host a morning workshop on assertive communication.
The half day programme will look at how to improve communications in various situations including discussions, meetings, decision discussions etc.
The focus will be on the importance of verbal face to face transactions and how to engage and influence others whilst maintaining positive and effective working relationships.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- List the features of assertiveness and benefits of assertive behaviour
- Recognise the link between assertiveness, confidence and self-esteem
- Be an effective participant in meetings
- Influencing skills including push and pull techniques
- Listening Skills and the power of listening and responding effectively
- State and appreciate the differences between aggressive, non-assertive and assertive behaviour
- Identify and demonstrate ways of dealing with criticism, confrontation, anger, and negativity effectively and positively.
- Being able to challenge effectively and assertively and persuade others of your position
- Recognise and understand certain behavioural traits in themselves and others and know how to deal with them using Transactional analysis
- Be assertive and take control of, and manage, difficult situations confidently Understand more about themselves and how they perform best
- Know more about how they are likely to be perceived by others
- Have the confidence to build lasting relationships Understanding Assertiveness - what assertiveness is and isn’t
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.