REMOTE TRAINING: Intermediate Construction Insurance
About the course
This live on-line interactive insurance webinar is designed for delegates, who have some experience of Construction Insurance and wish to expand and/or refresh their knowledge in this area.
The course will be highly interactive with delegate participation and engagement throughout. This half day course consists of two 90-minute on-line sessions with a 15-minute break.
Prior to the course delegates will be sent a handout which will be used extensively on the day and should therefore be available to them for both sessions.
There will be a maximum of 12 delegates.
The course is delivered by a Certified On-Line Learning Facilitator (COLF) who is a Chartered Insurance Broker with over 40 years insurance experience.
Delegates who successfully complete this workshop will be able to: -
- Describe the risks involved in contract works insurance
- Explain the difference between contractual obligations and insurance requirements
- Describe how standard contracts such as the JCT clauses can affect the clients insurance arrangements
- Describe the major elements of contractors insurance policies
- Explain non-negligence liability cover
- Risks/Property Insured.
- JCT Standard Form of Contract
- Contractual Obligation and Insurance Clauses
- Requirements for Contract Works, Liability, Plant
- Clause 6.5.1 Non-Negligence Cover
- what it is, why is extra cover required, insurance solutions
- JCT and Covid 19
- Maintenance Covers
- Defects Exclusions
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.