WEBINAR: Broker Personal Effectiveness in a Hard Market - Session 2 of 2
The second of 2 webinars as part of a programme designed for Brokers, many of whom will not have previously experienced a hard market.
Overall Course Objectives
- To understand the challenges faced by brokers and clients in a hard market
- An ability to frame the above in the context of our clients’ businesses and/or personal circumstances
- To provide hard market trading skills and strategies for brokers to build their effectiveness in terms of both client and market interaction
- To develop a range of soft and business skills to enable brokers to maximise these trading strategies.
Content & Learning – Session 2
- The importance of trusted adviser status and a consultative approach for client retention and new business success
- Rapport – its importance, how to build rapport, different levels of rapport
- Perceptual positions – ability to see world and a problem from multiple positions.
- Negotiation/mediation – structure, skills, and tips. Game theory – achieving a ‘win-win’
Speaker – Nick Thomas
Nick offers a unique combination of skills in the UK insurance training sector – an industry sales specialist and a professional coach and trainer. Nick is an Economics graduate with over 25 years corporate insurance broking experience.
He was a highly successful sales producer in the UK broking market before progressing into regional and then national sales leadership roles. As National Development Director at HSBC, Nick was one of only 40 people from a global workforce of 265,000 selected as part of the STARS programme to recognise exceptional performance. He is a highly trained consultative sales specialist, and his experience includes a secondment with a major management consultant to design a best practice sales process.
In the mid-2000s, Nick developed a chronic health condition; his journey to recovery fostered a new range of interests, and a passion for health, and performance. He studied widely, qualifying as a Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), obtaining a Diploma in Life Coaching, before going on to study Corporate/Business Coaching with The Coaching Academy. Nick is also a qualified Holistic Lifestyle Coach and Advanced Exercise Coach.
In the last two years Nick has worked in a self-employed capacity in training, coaching, and consulting. He works with a specialist adviser in Insurance sector M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions), and through Nick Thomas & Associates provides wide ranging training solutions to the UK Insurance sector across Sales, Business skills and Technical insurance training.
In recent months, Nick Thomas & Associates have delivered highly acclaimed training and webinar series providing up to the moment solutions to the challenges of the developing ‘new normal’.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.