- Paul Rutherford
I am delighted to serve our local Institute as President for a second time. I am supported by Council colleagues who each bring something unique. Our common purpose is commitment to seeing the Institute thrive.
Our immediate priority is ensuring that our Institute continues. The stark facts are that we need more of our membership to be engaged with us and we need new members to join the Council.
Otherwise, the likely outcome is to merge with another local Institute. This would mean no local exam centre, no local CPD events and no local networking. Frankly, none of us want this to happen and there are good reasons:
- Every year we organise CPD events relevant to the development of both general and Financial Services local members and which gain high approval ratings from those who attend
- We encourage members to meet people in our own and other professions across the region
- We are on hand to provide mentoring support to new members starting their careers
- Through our Annual Dinner and other social events, we aim to encourage collaboration and friendship
Could you help? Here are some things that would help considerably:
- If you haven’t already done so, please give us your permission for us to contact you with details of events, local news etc. You can update your mailing preferences by logging into the member section of the main CII website; https://www.cii.co.uk/login
- Join our LinkedIn Group; https://www.linkedin.com/groups/7479314/
- Tell us what subjects you would like us to arrange and what is the best time to attend. Email us via: email@example.com
- Tell other members who may not have seen this message
- Join our Council. We meet in Chester for 1 hour monthly to discuss business, have a glass of wine and maybe finish with a quiz (so not all dull!) Your input is just what we need!
With your help, we will do all we can to keep our Institute relevant, convenient and accessible.
Paul Rutherford ACII