Investing for Societal Change
About this Session
ESG investing is high in everyone’s thoughts right now, the market is awash with companies talking about their ESG credentials and educating the market on why ESG is key to a responsible and sustainable future. The FCA has been working on a taxonomy to give clients an understanding of what ESG investing is whilst the media has focussed on the Environmental and Governance as divers of change without really looking at the societal impact.
The pandemic has highlighted massive levels of inequality and social injustice across society, whether they are based on gender, race or access to capital. There is little doubt the ‘S’ will continue to become more prevalent in all aspects of our lives from how we work to how we socialise as these have all been impacted by the pandemic.
The Insurance Society of Edinburgh are delighted to be joined by Square Mile Investment Consulting & Research, Deepbridge Capital and Sarasin & Partners for an investment forum covering ESG integration into business, how societal change is being applied to drive investment returns, who will drive future change as well as an investment outlook for 2022 and beyond.
- Understand the rationale for the rise in the popularity of Responsible investment and how to evolve your proposition
- Identify how the Asset Management and Financial Advice industries are responding
- Look at what we believe will drive investment returns looking forward.
- How can we meet the needs of all people within the means of the planet.
- The purpose of a business – What should a company do?
- How investing in future growth companies can be beneficial from a tax perspective
- Understand how investors can access growth-focused Private Equity
- Understand the types of companies Enterprise Investment Schemes support
We are delighted to welcome the following Speakers.
Scott Dakers - Business Development Director - Square Mile Investment Consulting and Research
Henry Boucher - Partner, Deputy Chief Investment Officer – Sarasin & Partners
Dr Caroline Barelle CEO - Elasmogen Ltd
Mark Harries – CIO –Square Mile Investment Consulting and Research
To book your place please click on the link above, spaces are limited.
As refreshments will be provided, please confirm any dietary requirements when booking.
- Double Tree by Hilton
- 34 Bread Street
- EH3 9AF
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.