CPD Event - Public, Products & Employers Liability
Registration & Lunch 12.00 onwards. Presentation 1-2pm.
- How an employer can became liable for injuries to their staff
- How liability can arise through negligence as well as understanding the statutory obligations of an employer and how these affect liability
- How an EL policy deals with these liabilities if set up correctly
- How an insured can become legally liable for third party injury and property damage
- How a public liability policy deals with these liabilities and the problems that could happen if cover is set up incorrectly
- How an insured can become legally liable for third party injury and property damage following the supply of products
- How the tort Negligence and strict liability under the consumer protection act 1987 affects your clients
- How a products liability policy deals with these liabilities and the problems that could happen if cover is set up incorrectly.
Alan Chandler, Chartered Insurer.
Alan has undertaken operational management roles in three major global companies - NatWest Insurance Services, RBS Insurance Group and Allianz Insurance. He has run underwriting, broking and claims functions. Fourteen years ago, he set up his own training and consultancy company, something that he had always longed to do as he is passionate about training. Since then he has trained over two thousand people to become ACII qualified including six individuals who have achieved the best ACII completion in the whole of the United Kingdom. Alan is widely regarded as one of the top trainers and presenters in the UK insurance market, he has spoken at almost all the UK insurance institutes and delivers successful training programmes throughout Europe.
- Cornish Mutual
- The Barn, Hitchcocks Business Park
- EX15 3BZ
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.