Wed 6 Jul. 2016
CII New Generation Programme 2016/17
The 2016/17 New Generation programme is open for applications until 5 August. The programme is open to CII members with between five and ten years' experience in general insurance broking, claims, underwriting or the London Market, and a minimum designation of Dip CII.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 5 August 2016.
Designed to complement existing company talent programmes, the year-long CPD programme will provide group members with a range of learning opportunities, including:
- An interactive session with key personnel from the FCA
- Talks from Members of Parliament and trade bodies in the insurance sector, and a tour of the Houses of Parliament
- Training on subjects such as leadership and handling the media
- A variety of informal networking opportunities
Each of the four faculty groups will also be asked to identify and complete a project or initiative that it believes could make a difference to the insurance profession and customer outcomes.
Who is the programme open to?
Places on the New Generation programme are limited to ten per faculty group. Nominees should:
- Have the support of their departmental or line manager
- Demonstrate a commitment to pursuing relevant professional qualifications (successful candidates are expected to hold a minimum qualification of Dip CII)
- Have a minimum of five, and a maximum of ten, years' experience
- Be willing to commit to attend the five development sessions and to dedicate time to the group project
- Be members of the CII and of the appropriate faculty (broking, claims, London Market, underwriting)