Tue 26 Apr. 2016
The Insurance Institute of Guildford's Annual General Meeting is taking place on 17th May. There are a number of roles members can put themselves forward for.
All are welcome to attend the AGM and put themselves forward for the roles which include:
- Events & Education Secretary - choosing the topics for events we provide for our members, both from a technical and soft skills perspective. Monitoring the performance of local CII examinations.
- Careers Secretary - getting young people from 16 to early 20s involved in the Insurance Industry. Developing strong relationships with key local educational and careers communities - Discover Risk events, Careers fairs etc.
- Young Professionals Secretary - what events would make a difference to the 35s and under who are the future of our profession? You choose the appropriate topics and networking opportunities!
- Marketing Secretary - helping design and coordinating our communications plan to inform members of upcoming events, campaigns and achievements. Utilising the Institute's website, e-flier system and LinkedIn to help put the public face on the Institute's activities.
- Membership Secretary - keeping council fully updated on membership numbers and relevant statistics relating to these figures. Knowing whose joining and leaving our institute and why, looking at how we can grow our membership.
- Treasurer - ensuring the financial integrity of our institute, providing regular financial reports to council and reporting any budgetary concerns.
- Secretary - making sure we are abiding by the CII Charter and Bye-laws, as well and adopting policies to improve our efficiency and diversity.
- Charities Secretary - Promoting The Insurance Charities to the local market through communications and fund raising events.
- Dinner Secretary - arranging, facilitating and co-ordinating the institute's annual dinner, seen to be the most prestigious event in the local insurance community's annual calendar!
It's a preference of the CII that role holders rotate on a regular basis to bring fresh ideas and inspiration to each role.
All of the roles above have deputies too - so go on, GET INVOLVED!
To confirm your attendance at the AGM or if you would like more info on Council roles please contact Cheryl Burton (email@example.com)