Secrets of Successful Business Networking
In today's demanding times, the strength of our network has never been more important. But while networking events may be a key route to market, many professionals find them difficult, frustrating and awkward.
Who is this for?
It's ideal for reluctant networkers who want to become more confident and effective in raising their profile and meeting new contacts. It is also for those who enjoy networking and want to pick up some practical tips to help them make the most of their time at networking events.
The highly interactive and practical session will be structured around what to do before, during and after a typical event to help delegates maximise the opportunities. At the end of the event attendees will have learnt how to:
- Take a strategic approach to developing new relationships
- Prepare so that they're networking with a purpose – using a checklist
- Get started in busy room when they don't know anybody
- Get in and out of conversations easily
- Have the effective 5-step networking conversation
- Demonstrate their credibility through using conversational stories
- Follow up professionally without being a pest
- Use on and offline channels to generate leads
- Avoid making the one mistake that will ruin their chances of being successful.
More on our speaker
Melissa has a wealth of experience in the financial services sector – built up largely through working with the Chartered Insurance Institute since 2012. As well as working with accountancy and pension firms, Melissa has spoken at a number of HSBC conferences on the subject of successful networking.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.