Designed by leading architect Lord Rogers, the Lloyd's building is world renowned and arguably the centre of the global insurance industry. This is a unique opportunity to explore this striking post-modern building, which is not open to the general public, and see its famous underwriting floor. The tour will help you:
- Understand Lloyd's unique and colourful past, from its early days in Edward Lloyd's coffee house, to the historical events that changed the face of Lloyd's forever.
- Recognise how Lloyd's the Corporation and Lloyds Market work together; the chain of security and participants in the market.
- Know how risk is placed, the type of things that Lloyds insure and what makes Lloyd's such an attractive place to do business.
- Appreciate the significance of the Loss Book, Lutine Bell, and Nelson Collection; and if possible visit the Adam Room.
>> Key details
Cost: £12 per person payable on confirmation of booking by electronic bank transfer
On the day: 1) Photo ID - All visitors must bring a form of identification with them; for example, a passport, driving licence, or other photo ID. Regrettably, no photo ID, no admittance, no refund.
2) Dress - Lloyd's operate a strict dress code that guests must adhere to in order to enter the building. Suits or smart jackets, trousers and ties for men. Smart business style dress for women. Jeans, trainers and other casual clothing are not permitted (there have been instances when visitors have not been able to enter the building because they were incorrectly dressed).
3) Meeting time – Circa 15 minutes earlier than the presentation and tour, to allow all participants to enter the building as one, then collect visitors passes/provide ID etc.
>> How to book
Step 1: Email Cheryl Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Step 2: You will receive an email confirming the booking and advising payment details for your electronic bank transfer
Step 3: Make payment within 4 working days and email back to confirm this has been done.
Step 4: Details of where to meet our host prior to entering Lloyd's will be confirmed to you prior to the event. Places are limited to a maximum of 18 people and will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
Each year this event is highly over subscribed. Those who book a space but do not attend will not receive a refund
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.