Advanced Diploma Assignment Techiniques
>> Event Overview
At the CII Advanced Diploma qualification level, students are required to complete three assignments per subject. The expectations of the examiners are high and a clear strategy for addressing the assignments helps to ensure success.
This workshop guides delegates on how to research the assignment content, structure their work, ensure they are clearly answering the question and building a comprehensive paper that addresses all features of the marking matrix the examiners will use.
>> Who should attend?
The event is relevant to students taking their studies through to the full Advanced Diploma (ACII). It is also appropriate for Heads of Learning and Development in organisations to attend in order to be better placed to discuss the option of in-house courses and to be able to explain the advantages of the course to colleagues.
>> Learning Objectives
On completion of the course students will have experience and skills in;
- · Breaking down the assignment question
- · Practical research - finding sources that are current and relevant
- · Understanding the marking matrix and the implications for the assignment framework
- · Using multiple sources to answer assignments
- · Creating a high quality bibliography
- · Layout, readability and style
- · Framing insightful conclusions
- · Final self-analysis of the assignment answer
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.