Soft Skills - The Power of Questions - July 2022
The Power of Questions - 'The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions' Claude Levi-Strauss.
Asking the right questions of ourselves, as much as of others, is one of the keys to success in our business and personal lives. This online lecture is aimed at helping us understand why questions are so important and how powerful that can be in leading us to the outcomes we want to achieve.
This type of learning is applicable at all levels across the insurance industry, whether in sales, negotiation, claims, underwriting, broking or simply working collaboratively in teams or meetings.
Content & learning:
- The limitations of language and using questions to recover lost information - trans-derivational search
- Directing focus in ourselves and others
- Building awareness, accountability, and responsibility - psychological ownership and action
- Questions Vs statements, giving Vs seeking
- Building empathy and rapport
- Skilful questioning techniques in Sales and Client work - exploring SPIN sales questions
- Understanding of the need for questions
- Understanding in the power of questions we ask ourselves and the questions we ask others
- To learn skilful questioning techniques to achieve the outcomes we want in business and personal lives
Nick Thomas & Associates provides up to the minute training solutions addressing the challenges of the modern insurance professional, across sales, business/soft skills, technical insurance and market developments, performance, resilience and wellbeing
Nick Thomas delivers all sales, business, and soft skills, partnering with selected subject matter specialists where appropriate.
Nick co-delivers technical and market sessions with handpicked associates, selected for their strong industry background and credibility, allied to first class training skills.
All training programs are designed specifically to align to client needs and delivery overseen by Nick Thomas.
Nick Thomas & Associates have received acclaim for training and webinar series providing solutions to the challenges of remote working and virtual trading.
Nick Thomas & Associates clients include major insurers and brokers, insurance recruitment consultants and local institutes of the CII.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.