Isle of Man Regulatory Conference 2015
In association with leading local law firm DQ Advocates, we are delighted to announce details of this year's Regulatory Conference which will be held in the Garden Room at the Sefton Hotel, Douglas.
This full day event is aimed at all members working in the local General Insurance, Life, Pensions and Financial Services sectors and will see regulatory and industry updates being provided by key industry individuals.
This year, we are also extremely fortunate to welcome Karen Badgerow, the new Chief Executive of the island's newly formed regulator, the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority along with Treasury Minister Eddie Teare MHK and Minister for the Department of Economic Development Laurence Skelly MHK.
Full details of the day's line-up can be found on the attached. The event is free to all CII/PFS members & students with a charge of £50 for non-members.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
By attending this event, delegates will learn about:
Developments in Insurance Regulation
- Key developments in local insurance regulatory practice;
- Changes to the Insurance Act 2008;
- Risk based capital changes;
- Objectives of the new legislation;
- Future regulatory plans
Risk Based Capital & Solvency
- Aims of the Regulator's ongoing project;
- Technical provisions of risk management;
- Regulatory capital requirement developments;
- Application of Solvency II
- Overview of the CII's role in promoting professionalism;
- Deveopments for Chartered status;
- Key developments in professional qualification criteria;
- Recording CPD
UK Legal Update
- Overview of Corporate Manslaughter legislation;
- Overview of Corporate Homicide legislation;
- Developments in UK law which could soon be applied locally
International AML & Counter Terrorism Financing
- Overview of developments in AML legislation;
- Developments in Counter Terrorism financing;
- The International AML landscape;
- The IOM position regarding international legislation
Developments in Financial Services Regulation
- Overview of legislative developments;
- Regulatory visit feedback;
- Pension legislation developments;
- Resources for financial advisers
To book your seat at what promises to be a very popular event, please use the "book now" button at the bottom of the page.
For non-members wishing to pay by BACS, bank details will be forwarded shortly after your booking confirmation or you can pay on the day.
Please note that numbers are limited so ensure you book early to secure your seat.
CII IOM Reg Update 2015_Cheryl McGinley
CII IOM Reg Update 2015_Claire Whitelegg
CII IOM Reg Update 2015_DED
CII IOM Reg Update 2015_Matt Hills
CII IOM Reg Update 2015_Natalie Puce
CII IOM Reg Update 2015_Neil Taverner
CII IOM Reg Update 2015_Sinead DQ
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
5 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.