Isle of Man Regulatory Conference 2016
In association with leading local law firm DQ Advocates, we are delighted to announce details of this year's Regulatory Conference which will be held in the Garden Room at the Sefton Hotel, Douglas.
This half day event is aimed at all members working in the General Insurance, Life, Pensions and Financial Services sectors and will see regulatory and industry updates being provided by key industry individuals.
Full details of the day's line-up can be found by clicking on the attached agenda.
The event is free to all CII/PFS members & students with a charge of £50 for non-members. Breakfast will be provided, which can be chosen when booking.
By attending this event, delegates will learn about:
- The story so far.....one year on;
Developments in Insurance Regulation
- Key developments in local insurance regulatory practice;
- Changes to the Insurance Act 2008;
- Objectives of the new legislation;
- Future regulatory plans;
Regulatory Enforcement is on the Rise
- Insight into trends in regulatory enforcement across offshore jurisdictions and the reasons why;
- Lessons learnt from recent enforcement actions;
- How to protect yourself and your business from potential enforcement action;
Data Protection Principles/Industry Update
- Overview of EU General Data Protection regulation (GDPR) and its impact on the IOM;
Developments in Financial Services Regulation
- Overview of legislative developments;
- Pension legislation developments;
- Resources for financial advisers;
Probate/Power of Attorney (POA)
- Overview of Enduring Powers of Attorney & Probate;
- Governing Legislation;
- Benefits of using a POA & Probate;
- Registration & Considerations;
- Recent Legislative Developments
To book your seat at what promises to be a very popular event, please use the "book now" button at the bottom of the page.
For non-members wishing to pay by BACS, bank details will be forwarded shortly after your booking confirmation or you can pay on the day.
Please note that numbers are limited so ensure you book early to secure your seat.
As mentioned on the day, if you would like to be added to the GDPR mailing list, please email email@example.com with "GDPR Newsletter" as the title.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.