Digital Due Diligence: Why 'Just Google It' Isn't The Answer...
Learn about how you can best use the Internet to locate and capture online information for the purposes of Due Diligence.
By the end of this session, members should benefit from:
- A greater understanding of how the Internet can be harnessed to gather high quality information for the purposes of Due Diligence
- Exposure to the wealth of information available when conducting CDD enquiries cover the pitfalls of just 'Googling'
- A heightened awareness of Cyber Crime related issues
- Knowledge of how to apply an effective plan to online research enquiries
- The ability to get better quality information and faster
- Development of an investigative mind set
Colin Tansley is the founder and owner of Intelect Solutions an Isle of Man based training and investigations company who work closely with TLC Business Solutions.
A former law enforcement officer he retired at senior level from the police service in 2008. A highly experienced investigator he possesses extensive knowledge of the Internet and how to access credible information.
Colin’s ‘Digital Due Diligence’© course has been developed to serve the needs of those involved in compliance, AML and financial services industries. The course has recently received accreditation from SFJ Awards.
He has delivered training for over 16 years and is certified by TAP (Training Accreditation Programme) as a learning and development practitioner. Colin is a member of the Association of British Investigators (ABI) EPIC (Ex Police in Commerce) and has recently qualified as an ACE (Accredited Cyber Essentials) practitioner.
Tickets are free for CII & PFS members with a £10 charge for non-members.
Click 'Book Now' to reserve your seat at this event!
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.