Webinar Presentation - 'Cover Gaps Caused by the COVID-19 Lockdown'
Webinar Presentation on How to Advise Policyholders on the Cover Gaps Caused by the COVID-19 Lockdown
Alan Chandler, who has recently delivered the very well received BI webinar will be providing this course on the essential things a broker must take into account, these will include his top ten tips which if followed will mean broking staff will be very busy!
Topics covered are;
- Many policies do not cover equipment whilst in employees home - Are you sure your client has the right cover?
- What should you inform your policyholders about the potential new EL and PL risk that arise whilst employees are at home, and what is the coverage position on furloughing?
- Why a broker needs to be very careful about which insurer they place coverage with going forward, particularly in relation to declarations?
- There is a significantly increase D&O and Employment Practices Liability exposure - these covers have never been more important, how well are you advising clients on their increased exposure?
- The cyber risk has increased dramatically - Are you informing your clients of the critical need for Cyber cover?
- Why it has never been more important to get your clients onto a declaration linked basis for BI - This is much more than an uplift in coverage.
- What is the contract law position on payment holidays?
- Will the unoccupancy period invalidate part or all of your clients cover?
- Should the client be thinking of going onto laid up cover as part of their fleet coverage?
- What is the position of the Insurance Act 2015 on changes policyholders are having to make to their business?
Just like the COVID BI presentation, this webinar will last around 40 minutes giving a good twenty minutes for institute members to raise the many questions that are being asked at the moment around coverage.
Whilst this webinar is aimed primarily at brokers it will also be essential listening for underwriters, claims staff, loss adjusters and indeed IFA's as these matters will affect their own policies.
- Understand the correct position on contents at home coverage under a commercial policy.
- Understand the position on EL/PL coverage as it relates to the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Understand the increased D&O/ Employment Practices & Cyber Exposure caused by the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Understand the legal position on payment holidays.
- Understand the advantage of being on a declaration linked BI policy.
- Understand how unoccupancy could affect policy coverage.
- Understand how the Insurance Act 2015 applies to the COVID-19 lockdown.
The link will be provided on Friday 24th at 4pm and once booking is confirmed.
The event will qualify for 1 hours CPD and is free to members of the CII/PFS and £20 for all non-members.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.