WEBINAR: Introduction to the Dark Web
The Insurance Institute of the Isle of Man is happy to announce that their next event will focus on the Dark Web
By attending this event delegates will be able to identify:
- Difference between the Clear/Surface Web, the Deep Web and the Dark Web
- Precautions to take before accessing the Dark Web
- The dangers of browsing on the Dark Web
- The history of Tor (The Onion Router)
- How to access Tor (The Onion Router)
- The benefits of using Tor (The Onion Router)
- Dark Web Marketplaces
- Overview and live view of an assortment of Dark Websites.
The event will be delivered by Tony Bennett (Expol). Tony retired from the British Transport Police (BTP) in 2015, with over 26 years’ experience as an Investigator and Intelligence Gathering Specialist. Tony is a subject matter expert in Intelligence Gathering, Digital Forensics, Online Internet Intelligence and Evidence Gathering (OSINT) Techniques, the Internet and Cyber-Crime related matters.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.