Three Aspects of Protection
The Insurance Institute of Kendal is happy to announce that their next event will focus on the three aspects of Protection - underwriting, the online rules platforms, and claims.
The webinar will be held by Toni Liddell, Seb Bowden and Ruth Ferguson all from Royal London.
Toni Liddell, has been an Underwriting Philosophy Developer for Royal London for 11 years, having previously been an Underwriter with Royal London, Irish Life and Sovereign Assurance NZ.
Toni will cover:
- What is Underwriting and why do we do it?
- Underwriting process
- Underwriting assessment – what are the risks we consider, and what are the key considerations for some top disclosed conditions?
- How underwriting philosophy evolves, including the impact of world events i.e. COVID 19
Seb Bowden, has been an Underwriting Rules Developer for Royal London for the past 3 years.
Seb will cover:
- Overview of the key online rules systems – e.g. the presales tool, underwriting rules, workbench
- What are the benefits and limitations of the key systems?
- Royal London pathway vs. Protection Platform
- Hints and tips how to get the best out of an online application journey.
Ruth Ferguson has been a Claims Philosophy Developer for Royal London for past 10 years having previously worked within the Royal London underwriting team.
Ruth will cover:
- Claims process
- An overview of the most recent Claims Paid Stats
- Why are claims declined?
- Case studies
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.