[GI] All-Day Workshop - MO5 Insurance Law Revision Day
This one-day workshop for up to 12 delegates is ideal for anyone taking this compulsory M05 subject by the Mixed Assessment method with a multiple-choice exam, or for anyone who wants to refresh their knowledge of insurance law generally. The course is open to both starters and more advanced students.
Topics to be covered include:
- Tactics for effective study and suggested further reading,
- identifying, recalling and using key legal precedents & statutes
- Common Law, Equity & Statute, EU law and
- how laws are created and interpreted,
- Legal Persons – who can insure, sue and be sued?
- principles of old and new insurance law, including
- disclosure, insurable interest & policy clauses and terms
- principles of tort, contract, agency,
- nervous shock, foreseeability, economic loss,
- composite and joint covers, proximate cause,
- The Insurance Act 2015 – fair presentation, remedies & warranties etc.
- indemnity, reinstatement, subrogation & contribution,
- setting these ideas into profitable underwriting and
- correct acceptance, adjustment or reasoned rejection of claims,
- layout, style and techniques for strong written assessments,
- preparing for and passing multiple choice exams plus
- any other areas troubling delegates!
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
7 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.