Insurance Institute of Liverpool Insurance and Financial Services Careers Event
Working on your Future’
Your Invitation to a FREE Insurance & Financial Services Student Careers Event – Wednesday 4th July – Crowne Plaza, Liverpool
The insurance and financial services sectors may not instantly be at the forefront of teenagers’ minds when they leave school but these sectors offer so many opportunities for long term employment, and not always in ways you might expect. With over 315,000 employees in this country alone, the UK Insurance Sector is the 3rd largest employer in the world, dealing with all types of risk, from motor and travel to emerging technologies and cyber crime. Likewise a financial planner can be acting for a pensioner one day and a celebrity footballer the next. Whether youngsters are interested in client-facing roles, or business functions like IT, HR or marketing, there is a career for them.
To learn more we would like to invite you and your students to our free careers event in the centre of Liverpool. Aimed at all Year 11-13 students they will:-
• Hear from current graduates and apprentices about their routes in to these professions;
• Learn more about the work these industries do in insuring risks and financial planning;
• Develop employable skills by taking part in our interactive Discover Risk and Discover Fortunes team activities;
• Ask questions of key industry professionals to consider if a career in these sectors is right for them;
Registration is from 9.30am, and the events runs from 10.00am to 3.00pm. Lunch will be provided. We would be delighted if you could join us.
Please respond to Liverpoolinstitute@cii.co.uk by Wednesday 12th June confirming whether your school or college would be interested in attending, plus an estimate of the number of students. We will then send you further details including the full programme and joining instructions. We are happy for students to come as individuals if they prefer rather than part of a larger group.
Booking Link – Insurance and Financial Services Careers Event
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
The Insurance Institute of Liverpool is run by a dedicated group of professionals offering a range of key local benefits to professionals and students of the industry, including educational, social and networking events and mentoring. To find out more visit www.cii.co.uk/liverpool Find out more about a career in insurance on www.discoverrisk.co.uk
We need your help!
On Thursday 4th July 2018, Liverpool Insurance Institute are hosting a free careers event at the Crowne Plaza in Liverpool, between 10am and 3.00pm. This event is aimed at Year 11-13 and college students to introduce them to the career possibilities in the exciting worlds of Insurance and Financial Planning. As well as hearing form apprentices and graduates, key industry experts will be on hand to talk about their experiences.
How can you help?
1. If you have any connections with local schools or colleges, please can you let us know and also promote this event with them so we get as many as possible attending. Students can attend as part of an organised school group or as individuals;
2. On the day, we are looking for volunteers to help facilitate small groups undertaking our interactive Discover Risk and Discover Fortunes team competitions which bring the sectors to life and develop students’ employability skills. No experience is required, just enthusiasm and the ability to time-keep! Whilst attendance for the full day is preferable, if you can only attend in the morning or afternoon, please still get in touch;
3. We are also looking for volunteers to answer any questions from the students so if you would prefer to help with that, we’d love to hear from you.
If you are able to volunteer your time for the event or would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org