CPD Webinar: Covid-19 and its impact on claims and business interruption
This talk will provide an overview of the following:
1. A Brief recap on Business Interruption cover and the absence of a ‘standard BI wording’
2. A look at Covid-19 triggered claims, which includes:
- the initial response of insurers and the UK Government
- FCA test case framework, and the approach taken to provide clarity
- The test case court hearing July 2020 including what the case considered and what the case explicitly did not address.
- The test case judgement September 2020 and a look at the findings in relation to disease extensions, hybrid extensions, non damage extensions, causation, and wide area damage (Orient Express Hotels).
- The test case current appeals process and potential timescale
3. Pre-existing claims impacted by COVID-19.
About the Speaker:
Damian Glynn is a Chartered Accountant, a Chartered Loss Adjuster and a published author on Business Interruption topics.
Damian regularly give talks on the subject of Business Interruption and has chaired the Chartered Institute of Loss Adjuster’s Business Interruption special interest group for over 10 years.
Damian has also acted as a court expert both as a Chartered Loss Adjuster and a Chartered Accountant.
Log in details for the webinar will be sent out before the event starts.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.