IIM AGM 2020
The 144th Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 23rd April 2020.
In the current climate, it has been decided this meeting will take place via an online platform.
We welcome and encourage members to take part to hear from YOUR Council about plans for the upcoming Presidential year. Once registered, we will forward full details including a link to join the meeting.
To join webinar, please click here:
Webinar ID: 939 3942 4742 Password if prompted: 957722
The Insurance Institute of Manchester consists of a dedicated group of industry professionals, who voluntarily give up their spare time to offer a range of key benefits to CII members in the local area. Benefits of getting involved include networking opportunities, develop new skills enhancing your CV plus the chance to learn more about the industry.
- President's address
- AGM formalities
- Upcoming President's goals and objectives for 2020/2021
Presentation of badges will be held at a later date.
All Council nominations are listed below and will be approved at the AGM.
Please contact the office 14 days prior to the AGM if you would like to make an objection(s) to any of the points or to request a copy of the 2019/2020 Annual Report or 2019 minutes. The existing Council recommends that members vote in favour of all the resolutions being proposed at the AGM, which they consider to be in the best interests of the institute as a whole.
NOTICE is hereby given that the AGM of the Insurance Institute of Manchester will be held for the following purposes:
1. The proposed President of the Institute for 2020/2021 is Eleanor Moore of C&C Insurance
2. The proposed Deputy President of the Institute for 2020/2021 is Jessica Heaton, Zurich Insurance
3. To receive and adopt the Treasurer’s Report and Accounts for 2019
4. To receive and adopt the Annual Report of Council for 2019/2020
5. To elect the following Vice-Presidents for the session 2020/2021
Under rule 11a): Stephen Bridge, Suchit Desai, Victoria Royle
Under rule 11b): Fintan Griffin
6. To elect the following ex-officio members of the Council for the session 2020/2021
Treasurer: Katie Jackson, Griffiths & Armour
Secretary: Danielle Gowrie, Protector Insurance
Committee Chairperson(s) & Representatives:
CPD: Paul Hudson, Aviva
Education Secretary: Mark Farrant, McLarens
Exam Co-Ordinator: Mark Farrant, McLarens
Dinner Secretary: Caroline Griffiths-Davies, Dual Corporate Risks
Events: Emma Longstaff, Davies Group
Diversity Officer: Karen Shenton, Create Solutions Ltd
Governance: Paul Heathcote, Marsh
Regional Forum Officer: Jessica Heaton, Zurich Insurance
Constitution Officer: Mike Cranny, Create Solutions Ltd
Style in the City Chair: Sandra McDonald, McLarens
Liaison Officer: Victoria Royle, Zurich Insurance
7. To re-elect the following Council members for the session 2020/2021
8. To appoint BDO LLP Accountants for the session 2020/2021
9. Appoint a Charities Representative: Tracey Threlfall, AON